- Click Here To Find Out More About:
- Buy Duo 8l Online
Corona is here to stay. Even if a vaccine is invented it will take a while to reach the masses. Till that time, one should maintain all the precautions and keep alert and prepared in case one gets infected. The following article helps you to prepare and maintain the new routine for a home isolated person.
Corona is taking the world by storm
We all were taught in primary school that a home is a place that saves you from the storm, unaware of the fact that in 2020 it will again protect us from a storm named-“CORONA”.
The following article is divided into two parts for the help of readers. The first part deals with the preparation for home isolation and the second one describes the routine to follow in case one gets unfortunately infected.
During home isolation, you are not allowed to share anything with others to avoid the spread of infection.
- The first step is to sit with members of your family and decide the area for isolation in case anyone gets infected. The area should be such that it is isolated from the rest of the house with a separate washroom. The area should also have a proper sleeping arrangement, with sufficient bedding keeping in mind the climate in days to come. In case you don’t have such arrangements, you should keep ready the numbers of nearest isolation centers.
- Keep a stock of medicines like Paracetamol, Vitamins, and zinc.
- You should have separate medical devices ready with you. These are thermometer, Oximeter, portable oxygen can, and steamer.
- You would be requiring some kitchen appliances like a Multipurpose kettle and induction cooker.
- Next, you should have cleaning and sanitization devices like a steamer, Rotating mop, or vacuum cleaner. This is important since you will be responsible for the cleaning of your area and would not get support from any other person.
- Keep separate your personal hygiene products like clippers, trimmers, hairdryers, and foot massager spas.
- You should keep some stationery items like Notepads and pen ready and accessible.
- Then you would require Garbage Bags and separate dustbins to do away with your waste.
- You should stock your toiletries, face masks, sanitizers, and sanitary napkins for good 20 days.
- During these days you would excessively use your electronic devices like mobiles, laptops, wifi modem, various appliances, etc. So to charge or power them you would require multiple power sockets. So keep an extension cord that will serve two purposes- one will help to run multiple devices and will bring the sockets near to your bed.
Maintaining Home Isolation
Essential Daily Routine
- You need to take account of your body stats every four hours in the day. Note down these stats in notepad to observe the success of recovery. These stats include Body Temperature, Oxygen level, and Pulse.
- You need to intake zinc and vitamins once a day or prescribed by a doctor. As per medical advice, you also required to take medicine, in case you have a fever.
- Take a steam in a very small quantity but in a regular interval of 4 hours every day.
- Intake hot beverages like coffee or tea. You can prepare the same in an electric kettle. Also, food should be taken when hoy. In case you do not have the arrangement you can keep it warm on the induction cooker.
- Start your day with Yoga and meditation. This will not only give you a feel-good factor but also helps in improving the blood circulation and hence the oxygen level.
Cleaning and Hygiene routine
- Use the steamer to kill the germs and bacteria from accessories in the washroom or door handles and other articles frequently touched by you.
- Clean your isolated area with a mop or vacuum.
- Spend some time on your body. You may sponge or take a bath in case the fever is not there. Take a foot massage to relax you and remove the stress.
Fighting the isolation blues
You may indulge yourself in various activities of your interest to relieve yourself of this isolation blue.
- You may take a virtual tour of cities, museums, and national parks just sitting on your couch.
- You may develop your own indoor herb garden. You can take old pots from the house, decorate them, and plant various herbs. Besides providing the room with fresh oxygen, it will give you fruitful products for your recovery
- Help others. You may arrange a podcast or webinars to help others on the topics in which you are a master.
Just remember one thing that it is only-“YOU” who can help you out in your isolation so keep a healthy stress free isolation period. So plan well and fight this like a warrior.