- Click Here To Find Out More About:
- Hai Ha Money Transfer
Have you been planning to send money online to India? It can be a risky affair to send a huge amount from one country to another with the help of online remittance services. If you want the money to reach safely and timely to your friends or family in India, here are top 5 safety tips that you need to follow. These tips will not only ensure that the money is in safe hands but also help you avoid misuse of your personal information such as card number or bank details.
- The device you are using for online remittance needs to be safe. For instance, if you are using your laptop or your smart phone to make a transfer, make sure it is secure and malware-free. There are certain malware that can easily pull your personal details including bank account number and card details so; the device you use for logging in to your online account should be security scanned and safe from any malicious software.
- Always choose a reputed online remittance agency that has been into business for many years. With so many remittance websites out there, it can be difficult to choose the right one if you don’t do some research. You can ask for recommendations if you have friends or colleagues who send money through an online agency. A good agency will not only ensure quick and hassle-free transfer of money but also offer the best security system to keep your money safe till it doesn’t reach the beneficiary.
- Password protection is the third most important safety tip when you transfer money to India. You must have a strong password for accessing the online service for money transfer. This is because password theft has become common on the internet. Due to this theft, many people have compromised on their financial security. Always have different passwords for different accounts. For instance, don’t have the same password for your email account as well as bank account. Even if you lose one password, your other account will be safe for use later.
- It is important to save or print the receipts of the transfers you have made. This is because in case something goes wrong, you can use the reference number or other details from the transaction as a proof for payment. This will help resolve issues easily, if any. Reputed money transfer firms on the internet always email a receipt of the transfer to the money sender once the transaction is completed. You should always save these details for future use or reference.
It is strongly recommended to send money to people in India whom you know. In case there is someone you need to make a payment to, it would be advisable to send the money to your family and they can give it to that person, as and when required. Also, beware of spam emails in which people ask you to wire them money for a specific job or purpose.